Tuesday, February 2, 2021

Episode 60: Spinning On and On

Welcome viewers! Glad to have you all back.  Hello new viewers.  Don't forget to subscribe to be updated on new posts, and join our group on Ravelry.

I am DaniGirlCO on Instagram and Ravelry.  Come and follow along.
Here are the show notes for Episode 60:  

On the Needles: 
Knitting Projects - 
FO's:  
Swirl E. Socks for my niece.  
1898 Hat for Brian, with adaptations.  Started in light grey but not enough contrast, so ripped back and used new dark grey  Woolstok.

WIPs:
Walk on the Moon going in slow and steady.  I'm liking the stitch pattern right now.

Stalking:  simple hat patterns to use my new pom.  Also, might I suggest Shilo Weir's new pattern, Tide and Pebble hat.

Acquisitions - Colorful Eclectic, pom, purple sparkle, Woolstok

Spinning Projects - Greenwood Fiberworks BFL/nylon 3-ply intended for socks.  Like the marled, it really turned out unexpected.  Also, dang on dividing into thirds and spinning singles.
Brown alpaca and white wool 2-ply to clear my plying flyer.

Under the Needle:
Sewing Projects -  
PPQG had our first meeting of the year, where one of our own members spoke.  So fun.
Block Heads 3 by Moda finished with 42 total blocks.  Added sashing and borders, ready to sandwich and quilt.  
Doing the APQ UFO Challenge for 2021 in hopes of finishing off things that have been languishing for YEARS.  Jan was project #7, which I pulled out and planned a way forward, but did not finish before end of month.  Feb is #2, which is the BH3, so I'm going to work on quilting the BH3 and finishing my #7.
I've ordered a Janome 8200QCPSE!  Everything is slowed down, so probably won't ship until later this month.  I'm not good at waiting.
Plan to Quilt planner by Shannon Gilman Orr at Eva Blakes Makery.  My inner geek is so happy.
Beading some cute hearts and lambs.  Need to find a marketing strategy so I can actually sell some.

On Paper:
Christmas cards turned out great, I think, so I made a few Valentine's Day cards for nearby senior center.

In the Garden: Seed planning!  Need to get out and move some dirt when we get some nice days.
In the Beeyard - n/a

Off Topic:  
Watching/Listening:  So excited for Resident Alien on SyFy.  Hope it doesn't disappoint.  
Craftsy membership for ridiculous price.  Do it.

Thanks for watching!

No comments:

Post a Comment