Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Episode 30: Total Eclipse of the Sun

Welcome viewers! Glad to have you all back!  Glad to be back myself!
It's been awhile so please forgive the umms, nose rubbing, and stumbles.
Hello new viewers!  Don't forget to subscribe to be updated on new posts.
I am DaniGirlCO on Instagram, Periscope and Ravelry.
Here are the show notes for Episode 30:  
On the Needles: 
Knitting Projects - 
FO's: Kiama cardigan out of my handspan.  From Norah Gaughn.  US size 9 needles.  Handspan with Malabrigo in Glazed Carrots to accent the edge.  LOVE it!
On the Spice Market by Melanie Berg, with yarn kit from DragonFaery Dyeworks. Need to block and take pictures.
Transverse cardigan by Ann Weaver out of Cascade Eco+.  Size 8 needles.  All seamed up.
Etched Rio Wrap by Sarah Smuland.  Made from Handmaiden Fine Yarn Cashmere and Silk in a beautiful blue/green.  Can't say anything more about this yarn.  I rubbed it on my face a lot.

WIPs:
Celestarium by Audrey Nickels.  Using a local yarn from Spruce Mountain called Twinkle in the Midnight Blue II color way.  It's a beautiful merino/nylon/stellina blend.  The super geek in me says I must use different colored beads for the different magnitudes of the stars.  OK.  Someone's already done all the research, anyway.  Thought particularly appropriate to start this weekend due to the solar eclipse happening today.

Prayer Shawl #2 for the prayer shawl ministry at my church.  It's just a very simple garter stitch shawl out of some old acrylic I had.

Stalking - Ley Lines shawl and Lemongrass pullover by Joji Locatelli.  The jojifallkal17 starts on September 1.  My knit group totally enabled me and I may have fallen down and purchased 4-5 of her patterns while they were 20% off.

Acquisitions - project bag from Frog Off Studio, locally made.  My new mug, and yarn for Celestarium.  Yarn and fiber from old LYS.


Spinning Projects -

cheviot from Into the Whirled in the ? color way.  Some merino/silk in a blended green color from Paradise Fibers.

Under the Needle:
Sewing Projects - finished a quilt top with my mother when she visited

In the Garden: Nothing but rhubarb.  Pulled all the weeds.  Then pulled some more.
My perennials are doing well, those the rabbits haven't dug up or ate.  My anise hyssop has been attracting the hummingbirds and I love watching them in the yard.  Haven't done any additional watering this year and it looks like my xeriscaping is doing well.

In the Beeyard - 
nothing

Off Topic:  
Was having a really hard time there for awhile.  Thanks for sticking with me.  
Did some traveling this summer.  Went to Phoenix to see the nieces, and then went camping in Yellowstone with them all.  Amazing that I grew up and lived in Wyoming for my first 30 years, and had only been to Yellowstone once.  Had a great time.  Highly recommend getting out and visiting the state/national parks near you.
Watching:   
Got to meet Kristi from In a Sknit podcast.  So cool.

Thanks for watching!

No comments:

Post a Comment