Saturday, January 20, 2018

Episode 37: New Year, New Knitting!

Welcome viewers! Glad to have you all back.  Hello new viewers.  Don't forget to subscribe to be updated on new posts, and join our group on Ravelry.
I am DaniGirlCO on Instagram, Periscope and Ravelry.  Come and follow along.
Here are the show notes for Episode 37:  
On the Needles: 
Knitting Projects - 
FO's:  

WIPs:
Silver cardigan bKristiina Temin for one of my nieces.  Using a very bright pink and orange yarn by Lorna's Laces Sportmate.  Had to rip out and go down needle size, still managed to run out of yarn.  Looking for a pink to match.

Brian's socks were my Christmas Eve/Day cast on, had to rip out the heels and add a little bit of length to the foot.  I'm getting pretty good at this frogging thing.

Vanilla Bean Wonder Woman socks in a self-striping color way.  More frogging.

Stalking:  Stripey socks.  Wanted to go beyond vanilla but not too patterned.

Acquisitions -  fabric! POM POMS!!!


Spinning Projects - n/a

Under the Needle:
Sewing Projects - The sewing kit for the nieces was a hit and we made several simple stitched ornaments.  Also have a quilt-in-progress I worked on with my mom over holidays.  Got a lot of progress made, although I'll probably have enough blocks for 3 quilts when I'm all done.
Jo's Little Women club is no more, so decided to join the Prairie Woman Sewing Circle (?) club instead.  Uses reproduction fabrics, and looks like it will be fun with interesting projects.

In the Garden: n/a


In the Beeyard - Need to order my bees for next spring.  Vandalism run rampant.

Off Topic:  My Christmas card for the Yarnderwoman flat swap was returned for not enough postage, so I had to resend and fill out a customs form.  Really?!?  
I normally don't do resolutions.  I am starting this year as I mean to continue.  Went to prayer shawl meeting, knit group, going to quilt class tomorrow, and I'm podcasting!  
Part of this is house cleaning.  Ugh.  Trying to just do a small bit every day for the deep clean, and rotate through the regular stuff weekly.  It's amazing how stuff builds up when you've been in a house 11 years.  Also using this as an opportunity to organize and get rid of stuff.  
Watching:  

Thanks for watching!

No comments:

Post a Comment