Thursday, July 28, 2016

Episode 24: No More King Sized

Thanks for coming back to watch My High Plains Life!  Welcome viewers! 
I am DaniGirlCO on Instagram, Periscope and Ravelry.
Here are the show notes for Episode 24:  
On the Needles: 
Knitting Projects - 
FO's: n/a

WIPs: 
Celtic Myths shawl by Asita Krebs, ran out of yarn, waiting on another skein.  About 65% done.
Linum Tee by Bristol Ivy, using Classic Elite Bella Lino yarn, sz 3 needles.  Loving the fabric.
Blueberry waffle socks out of MadTosh Sock in Cobbler color way, little more length then on to the toe!
Blueberry waffle socks out of Opal in summer colors because I needed another pair to tote around.  Good for the Colors of the Season KAL, too.

Stalking - Bond Street by Kirsten Kapur, saw an example in person and it was gorgeous.  My LYS Ewe and Me has some great samples that make me want to knit it all.

Acquisitions - fabrics

Spinning Projects -
none

Under the Needle:
Sewing Projects - 
Nicole's wedding quilt top is all complete, borders and all, and off to the quilters.  Will get it back just in time to bind it before the wedding.

In the Garden: Perennials are blooming and growing.  Somehow I have a random corn stalk growing in my front yard.  Go figure.  Hops are about 10 ft tall now.

In the Beeyard - 
Looks like one of the swarms I caught was good.  I got the queen!  They've been coming and robbing out the frames left from the honey extraction.  REALLY need to add another honey super to them ASAP.

Off Topic:  
Watching: I've been sucked into Legacy Knitz podcast with Chelsea and Sue.  
Want to play in the Colors of the Season KAL? Started June 1, thru Aug 31.  Make something in the colors of the season that inspire you.  Are you playing in any other KALs?  What are they?
Mr. HPL did a 1000 mile in 24 hr motorcycle ride to earn his Iron Butt certification.  Crazy.

Thanks for watching!

No comments:

Post a Comment