Monday, June 29, 2015

Episode 5: The Queens are Laying

Here are the show notes for Episode 5:  The Queens are Laying
In the Mug: Duncan Donuts coffee with LOTS of creamer, just like my Dad!

On The Road:
The Pikes Peak Hill Climb was this weekend.  Cool to watch the Victory stunt team, but unfortunately the Victory Project 156 bike was a DNF due to crash damage.
Victory Project 156 Racing
On the Needles:
Knitting Projects - starting at 7:40
WIPs: The Crossover Top by Patons, using Universal Yarn Inc. Cotton Supreme Splash in Calm Waters'; I've attached the shoulder seams using mattress stitch (my first time!)
Atlantic Current Socks, I'm ready to turn the heel
Started a new pair of toe-up socks in Zitron Trekking XXL color way 156

Spinning Projects -
FO: Spanish Sunrise singles, dyed by me, BFL (Blue Faced Leicester) 
From this hand-dyed braid of fiber . . .
To this beautiful hand-spun single yarn
WIP: still spinning singles from my Loop bump




Under the Needle:

Sewing Projects - starting at 13:30
Waves of Glory quilt top is all pieced, just need to top stitch the curves down

Gone to the Dogs: n/a


In the Garden: starting at 15:15
What's blooming - penstemon, penstemon, penstemon.  And catmint.

In the Beeyard - starting at 18:45
Queen Fiona's hive is doing good.  She's not only alive, but I saw her!  There were eggs and larva.
S&J hive is also good.  Didn't see the queen, but I did see larva, which means the queen didn't get hurt during the move.
REALLY need to cut the weeds down again!
Two hive cutouts that didn't work out. In one, the bees had left, in the next I think they hired an exterminator.  I'm doing another cutout today though, hopefully with a new beekeeping friend.
Beeyard visit with the local group.  Walked through hive inspections, powdered sugar roll for mite check, and created a nucleus hive.

Off Topic:
Been a busy, tiring week.  Sleeping a lot.

Thanks for watching!

No comments:

Post a Comment